RE: 10G New Features Book

  • From: "Karniotis, Stephen" <Stephen.Karniotis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:26:54 -0400

As someone who quotes the RTFM for more than just this business, it makes
perfect sense for someone to at least do some research before asking a
question that could be answered if they let their fingers do the walking.

Yes, some of the Oracle documentation does have value, however, please
remember it is a reference manual and NOT a user manual.  For those of U
that are old enough, remember the days of reading IBM Utility manuals?  What
about the PL/I and COBOL assembler manuals?  When you RTFM'd, you new the
product because you had to dig for the answer.  Part of the problem with
many of today's IT employees is that they want someone to spoon in all of
the material they need.

Thank You

Stephen P. Karniotis
Compuware Corporation