10G Grid Control and db control stability

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 08:21:41 -0400

All,

I am attempting to run 10g Grid (Release 1 - I know - bad idea) or
dbcontrol 10.2.0.2 on AIX 5.2.

With Grid control, every morning when I came in, the server was hung.  I
stopped the Grid Control processes and that problem went away.  I
eventually deinstalled it and was waiting for our syadmins to clear up
the 1.5 Gig of /tmp space needed to install version 10.2.

In the meantime, last night, I started dbcontrol for the two 10.2
databases that I have installed on the machine.  This morning, the
machine is down again.  From what I understand right now, it looks the
/tmp space was filled and screwed.  The sysadmins are attempting to get
the machine up right now.

Has anyone else had these experiences?  Do I need to wait for freekin
release 4 before this stuff is stable enough to run?

Thanks for listening.

Tom
This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged
information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this
transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  In addition,
unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law,
including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.