Re: 10204 RAC upgrade

  • From: Martin Bach <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 22:10:07 +0000

Hi Sanjay,

The CRS upgrade is rolling so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. If I
remember correctly 11.2 CRS is the first upgrade where the root.sh
script can be run in parallel (excluding the first and last node, i.e.
you start with node 1, then do 2 ... n-1 in parallel and then finally
the n-th)

If time is so much of an issue, why can't you get swing kit? You could
build the cluster with 10.2.0.4 CRS and RDBMS plus a temporary 10.2.0.3
home for a standby database, switch over and migrate. I've done this in
1 hour from switching over to the new kit and execution of the catalog
upgrade script + CPU application. Might be a budget constraint though :)

Hope this helps,

Martin
--
Martin Bach