RE: 10.2.0 Standalone OEM Sessions Page Lacks Controls

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <JApplewhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 08:29:19 -0400

DB Console is easy to install.  Here are the steps:

Set your Oracle Sid and Oracle Home (10.2.x)

$emca -repos create

Follow the instructions.  This creates the repository in your database
under the SYSMAN user.

$emca -config dbcontrol db

This sets up the dbcontrol software to run on your machine.  After this
is complete, you should have a SERVERNAME_SID directory in your oracle
home directory.  Take note of the url to connect to db control in this
step.

To start and stop dbcontrol:

Set your $ORACLE_SID (you need to start and stop the console for each
database that you configured)

emctl start dbconsole

emctl stop dbconsole

I have just set this up on AIX, version 10.2.0.2.  Now here is an
interesting tidbit.

I set up two databases on the machine for dbcontrol.  I configured DB1
first followed by DB2.  After a server outage, I attempted to start
dbconsole for the databases.  If I try and start dbconsole for DB2
before DB1, it starts but I am unable to connect to it - something just
hangs.  The log files show that something is terribly wrong.

If I start dbconsole for DB1 and then DB2, everything works just fine.

This is the new and improved console that Oracle is providing to us.
Time to start reviewing Tivoli again.

Tom

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged
information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this
transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  In addition,
unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law,
including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.