RE: 10.2 locations for Admin and Oradata directories

  • From: "Gogala, Mladen" <MGogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'ssatterthwaite@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <ssatterthwaite@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 18:02:43 -0400

Sarah, it isn't just under Winduhs, the $ORACLE_BASE/admin was moved under
$ORACLE_HOME. If you come to think of that, it makes sense. Database is
always managed by certain version of software and you can have several
versions under the very same $ORACLE_BASE. Databases that are 10.2 will be
under 10.2 software tree, those managed by 9.2 will be under 9.2 software
tree, databases running 5.1.22 and 6.0.36 will be under
$ORACLE_BASE/Smithsonian software tree.

--
Mladen Gogala
Ext. 121