Re: 10.2 locations for Admin and Oradata directories

  • From: David Sharples <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rodd.Holman@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 17:59:30 +0100

reading the ofa paper now, nowhere can I see it say put the data on the same
mount point as the software
 [quote]
Intuition tells most installers that Oracle database files should be
separated from other files on a system. There are concrete reasons for doing
so, among which: database files' lifespans differ from all other files on
your system; and database files will require a different backup strategy
than the other files on your system. A thoughtful naming strategy for
database files eliminates a whole class of administrative problems.
[/quote]