RE: 10.2 NFS mount points

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <marquezemail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 19:54:26 -0800

>>>which performs I/O and decides about caching data blocks. So
>>>now with NFS4 you have async and direct I/O and client
>>>caching. Not much difference from a local disk at all.
>>>The old lore no longer applies. Really good summary can be found at:
>>>
>>>http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4

2 points. CITI is funded by PolyServe and NFS4 is not needed
for quality NAS service for Linux NFS clients.   The Linux
NFS v3 client supports O_DIRECT opens. And good NAS is good
NAS. Good NAS is determined by the Oracle Storage Certification
Program.

http://www.byteandswitch.com/document.asp?doc_id=68559