RE: 10.2 Clusterware with single instance failover?

  • From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rusucarmen@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 21:46:03 -0400

I have a customer that does that - it apparently works very well, and they're
considering getting rid of Veritas for their single-instance failover.  I
suppose it makes sense if you're already familiar with CRS for RAC deployments.
 However, the downside of CRS as single-instance is that both sides of the
cluster need to be licensed for Oracle (as I understand the CRS license).
Whereas with veritas, configured properly, you only have to license one side of
the cluste.r

Thanks,
Matt

--