RE: 10046 trace - unaccounted for time

  • From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: daniel.fink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 18:45:54 +0800

Daniel,

A little addition...

Seconds_in_wait is just a delta between current SGA time (updated by LGWR)
and the last session wait state change timestamp.
So, seconds_in_wait should be interpreted rather as "seconds since last wait
state change" and it increases even when session is constantly spinning on
CPU.

When session is not waiting and seconds_in_wait is increasing and "CPU used
by this session" is not increasing, this can be either uninstrumented wait
as you said or that the "CPU used by this session" is not just updated yet
as this is done in the end of call only.

--
Regards,
Tanel Poder

  _____