Re: 10046 trace producing a new wait that is not normally there

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:36:04 -0700

Platform?

OS Version?

DB version?

On 8/22/06, ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx <ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We have an update statement that runs in 3 minutes with no trace or a level 1 trace, but ran for 2 hours and we killed it with a level 12 trace.

we got 20,000 'direct path read temp ' waits, but ONLY with a level 12
trace and ONLY on this update. We have not tested it in multiple
environments. This is on 10.2 on solaris.

We didn't see this wait in v$active_session_history when we do not have a
level 12 trace going. I did not see anything about this on metalink. Does
this strike you as one of those bugs where its one thing in one version in
one environment, etc...? I have gotten those occasionally?

--
Jared Still