RE: 10046 or gettimeofday bug..?

  • From: Matt McClernon <mccmx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cary.millsap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 03:42:36 +0000

Excellent, I knew it had to be a bug.
Bug 7522002 has only been confirmed on:Affected Platforms are Solaris, HP
Itanium, AIX, Windows.

but there is a patch available for Linux x86_64 so I'll download that and give
it a try.  The Bug note also recommends two other Patches for bugs which sound
very similar.Thanks very much for the info - I'm not sure why I didn't find
these when searching Metalink - oh well.Thanks again
Matt
________________________________
> From: cary.millsap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 21:47:56 -0500
> Subject: Re: 10046 or gettimeofday bug..?
> To: mccmx@xxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Matt,
>
> From my friend Andrew Zitelli, who has investigated this thoroughly:
> "These are bugs. I believe on some Linux platforms only a single
> patch is required to fix this. The two related patches are 7522002
> and 8342329. I see that both are available for Linux x86 11.1.0.7.0. This may
> be incompatible with the PSU's and require one-off patches
> if the user is already running 11.1.0.7.1 or later. These are generic
> bugs but 8342329 afflicts primarily Solaris, HP/UX, AIX and some Linux."
>

> I hope this helps,
>
> Cary Millsap
> Method R Corporation
> http://method-r.com
> http://carymillsap.blogspot.com

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/197222280/direct/01/
We want to hear all your funny, exciting and crazy Hotmail stories. Tell us
now--