10046 not tracing everything?

  • From: "Schultz, Charles" <sac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 09:09:42 -0500

Good day, all,

We are trying to isolate a query that is assigned a bad query plan, but
when we turn on event 10046, the sql is not captured. I have verified
that the session (and serial#) are valid, show up in
dba_hist_active_session_history and that the event is triggered for this
specific session. But even though the sql id (and corresponding plan
hash value) are in dba_hist_active_session_history, they are not in the
trace file. Under what circumstances will event 10046 not trace a query?
I browsed a few metalink notes, but was not able to find one that listed
any exceptions. Not that I think it matters much, but the query is not
"system" query (ie, gathering dynamic stats), but a good old application
query.

charles schultz
oracle dba
aits - adsd