RE: 1 DBA in a company

  • From: <BHoff@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dwaynec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jeremiah@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:16:02 -0500

That's basically where I am - I can usually manage everything, but it
would be great to have at least one other DBA here to just bounce things
off of and get someone to challenge my ideas - that's how I get better

I try to replace that with lists like this one, but the one problem with
being subscribed to a handful of lists like these is the sheer volume of
e-mails that I just do not have the time to sort through until the
weekend... which usually means I do not benefit from the conversation at
hand at the moment.

Does anyone else use the lists like that? Are there any good forums that
you would recommend?

Thanks,
Brad