operating system/oracle

  • From: Atul Kumar <atul_iiit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 01:15:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sreenivash,
    I had the same question eight years ago when I was mechanical engineering
graduate (that time all I knew was fotran) ;-)

  Standard Oracle database is not yet intelligent enough to talk directly to
hardware (harddisk, memory, keyboard, mouse....) . It uses operating system to
communicate to hardware component and store data persistently so O.S. is very
much required.

  Regards
  Atul Kumar
  http://teachMeOracle.com/forum
  http://becomeAppsDBA.blogSpot.com

  Hi DBAs...
  I am open to learning..I have a silly question to put forth...
I am not very clear about the relation between Operating System and Oracle...Is
it necessary to have OS to install oracle and create a database..
  Can anybody kindly take the pain to help me out...........

Thanks in advance
Sreenivash.

Atul Kumar

Site Dedicated to Apps DBA's