Re: WF_DEFERRED / mailer

  • From: "sanjay bauskar" <sanjaybauskar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:26:00 +0530

Hi ,
Any one knows the utility/patch for merging the number of tablespace ( for
eg. 100 tablepsaec in 11.5.8) to 5 tablespace ( in 11.5.8).

Regards
Sanjay

On 10/6/06, sylvain.brunet@xxxxxxxx <sylvain.brunet@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yuri, Do you have any new informations about this ???

I have some interest for theses questions, because

My java (11.5.9) OWF.H workflow mailer does not works…

It seems that wf_notification_send places records in WF_NOTIFICATIONS
table, but nothing

In WF_DEFERRED nor WF_NOTIFICATION_OUT tables …

Any idea ?

Thx,

Sylvain

*Thread Status: *Active

*From: *Jurijs Velikanovs <J.Velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>19-May-06 10:59
*Subject: *Why Notifications' WF events go to a WF_DEFERRED queue instead
of directly to a WF_NOTIFICATION_OUT queue?

Why Notifications' WF events go to a WF_DEFERRED queue instead of directly to a WF_NOTIFICATION_OUT queue?

Hello everyone !!!

WF ADMINISTRATION QUESTION:
Does anybody aware why notifications' WF events go to the WF_DEFERRED
queue first of all instead of going directly to a WF_NOTIFICATION_OUT queue?

The process of Notifications processing is as follows: ================================================ A. CALL wf_notification.send You (or others modules) call this procedure if you would like to send a Notification. This procedure places a record in to WF_NOTIFICATIONS table and enquiring a corresponding event into a WF_DEFERRED queue.

B. Workflow Deferred Agent Listener, dequeues event
A Deferred Agent dequeues event from the WF_DEFERRED queue
Generates Email (if needed) text in XML format
Puts event into the WF_NOTIFICATION_OUT queue

C. Workflow Notification Mailer dequeues event
Notification Mailer dequeues event from the WF_NOTIFICATION_OUT queue
Sends an email and updates WF_NOTIFICATIONS table accordantly.

UNCLEAR QUESTIONS where your input would bee more then appreciated:

I. Why we need WF_DEFERRED queue in Notification Sending process? Oracle
theoretically can use WF_NOTIFICATION_OUT queue directly. Eliminating B
phase completely.

II. Who a Deferred Agent Listener process knows that it need to enqueue
event in to the WF_NOTIFICATION_OUT queue?
There are a lot different events processed by this Agent from WF_DEFERRED
queue. Just wonder who Agent knows that notifications events need to be
enqueued in to WF_NOTIFICATION_OUT? There are no any event subscriptions or
something that would tell Oracle.

I would really appreciated your ideas and opinions. Please help me to put light on that question.

Thank you in advance,
Yury

*Sylvain BRUNET **(DOSI-Experts-DBA)*

Prestataire UNILOG - Logica CMG