Re: Shared $APPL_TOP for Rac Servers

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 06:22:32 -0700 (PDT)

I already said I got a thread crossed on this one.

  ASM is for the datafile and CRS files

  You can use GFS, NFS and supposedly OCSF2 for the shared APPL_TOP but
  I am getting mixed messages on Metalink as to what is supported for 12i 64
bit unbreakable Linux.  I do have a SR open on this.

  Kathy

Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi Gentlemen,

Just wonder if ASM or OCFS have anything to do with Shared APPL_TOP :)
I thought those technologies are used for DB data files only on RDBMS side.

NFS or GFS might be considered as solution for shared APPL_TOP.
I have got few customers sites running NFS for shared APPL_TOP. No
significant problems at all. One think that I would like to impact
somehow is performance during maintenances procedures like running
autoconfig or generating Forms files. Does anybody in that list have
experience in improving NFS performance? I believe mounting parameters
might make a change in that area.

GFS - I have suspicions that this technology might work for shared
APPL_TOP. I would be happy to here any real live experience with using
GFS for shared APPL_TOP if somebody have in that list. If possible
please compare two solutions giving +/- es.

Thank you in advance,
Jurijs

--
Yury