Re: Shared $APPL_TOP for Rac Servers

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Suresh Chaganti <chaganti.suresh@xxxxxxxxx>, ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:38:12 -0700 (PDT)

I just found this on Metalink.  We are on Unbreakable Linux

  Does Oracle provide support for Red Hat Global File System (GFS), Red Hat
Cluster Suite (RHCS), or Red Hat Application Server (RHAS)?
  Red Hat Global File System (GFS) and Red Hat Cluster Suite (RHCS) are part of
RHEL5 and OEL5 so they are supported by Oracle under the Unbreakable Linux
Program. However, since GFS and RHCS are not included with RHEL4, OEL4 and
earlier versions, they are not supported by Oracle with RHEL4, OEL4, and
earlier versions.
  As an alternative to GFS, Oracle Enterprise Linux software already includes
the Oracle Cluster File System (OCFS2). Developed by Oracle, OCFS2 is a shared
storage file system integrated into the Linux kernel (2.6.16) and released
under the GNU General Public License. RHAS is not supported under the
Unbreakable Linux program.

Suresh Chaganti <chaganti.suresh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Am I missing something here.

You cannot use asm for application file system and ocfs is not recommended.

We use gfs . Nfs is also option that many use.

You can use asm for only db files, not to store appl top

Thanks

Suresh

http://mail.yahoo.com