Re: Release 12 Installation in two node.

  • From: Atul Kumar <atul_iiit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:02:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Hyder,
    Yes you can do this . Check Installation Guide at
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B40089_06/current/acrobat/120oaig.pdf

  First install on Database Tier and then Middle Tier

  On Page 55 when prompted for Application Tier change HostName accordingly.

  For overview of Installation and location to download R12 software visit.

http://onlineappsdba.com/index.php/2007/10/06/install-oracle-applications-r12-12i-on-unixlinux/

  Atul

hyder hussain syed <sd.hyder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Hi all,

  We want to install Release 12 in Solaris 10 .

  we have two sun servers  Sun fire v490 and we want to use as one for
applications and other  for database.

  Can we use this one server for all application services like
web,forms,concurrent ,admin etc
  and other for only database.

  How to install in two node (procedure or steps) ?
  Please provide the steps/doc or suggestions on two node installation

  Thanks
  hyd