QUESTION ABOUT ORACLE EBUSINESS SUITE CERTIFICATION DURING UPGRADE

  • From: "Jose Ruiz" <joseantonio.ruizpascual@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 20:25:54 +0200

Hi folks,

We have to upgrade a 11.0.3 eBusiness Suite instance with 8.0.5 Database to
an eBusiness Suite instance 11.5.10.2 with
10.2.0.x Database.

We need to clone the 11.0.3 instance into a new server running Solaris 10.

The certification Matrix for 11.0.3 doesn't show the certification with
Solaris 10.

We have identified the following scenarios:

1. Clone 11.0.3 Production system into server running Solaris 8 and after
the 11.5.10.2 migration upgrade the OS to Solaris 10.

This is not possible because we need to run two migration processes into the
same server so
if we finish the first migration we need to have it in Solaris 10 and for
the
second migration is not going to be possible to start.

2. To use a virtualization option so we are going to be able to create as
many Solaris
virtual machine as we need.

We need a certified solution, we have found :

2.1 Solaris 8 Containers 1.0: Run Solaris 8 applications on new systems and
Solaris 10 with Solaris 8 Containers. The entire environment of the Solaris
8
source system is captured and then transferred to a Container running on the

target Solaris 10 system.

We need to know if it's a valid option.

2.2 Do you know any other virtualization solution for Solaris and valid for
Oracle eBusiness Suite.?

3. Could we try to clone 11.0.3 into the server running the Solaris 10 and
to migrate it to 11.5.10.2?. if yes, Do you have any reference
about it?

4. Any other valid solution that you could provide to us.

Best Regards,
José Antonio Ruiz