RE: Oracle ERP instance on Laptop - Installation

  • From: "Laskey Steve" <Steve.Laskey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:18:50 +0100

Enterprise Linux Release 5 ISO Images README

To install Enterprise Linux Release 5, follow the following steps:

1.      Download the compressed binary CD images

Download Enterprise Linux Release 5 discs 1-5 from Oracle eDelivery. You
do not need to download discs 6-9 to install Enterprise Linux, these CDs
only contain the source code.

2.      Uncompress the CD images

The downloaded files are compressed with the zip format. Use any unzip
tool to uncompress the file, or download a utility from eDelivery
http://updates.oracle.com/unzips/unzips.html
<http://updates.oracle.com/unzips/unzips.html> .

3.      Write the CD images to CDs

Use your favorite cd burning software to write these images directly to
CD. Do not write the image files to the CD. To test if you have burned
the images correctly, insert a burned cd and ensure that multiple files
and directories are visible.

4.      Insert the first cd, and boot

Lastly, insert the first disk into your system, boot from CD, and follow
the on-screen instructions to deploy Enterprise Linux!

FYI - the cd burning software that I have used is Nero, you must use the
option to 'burn an image' not just create a data cd with the iso on it.
The iso file is an image of a cd!

/Steve