OAS & OID question

  • From: "Sushil Arige" <sushil.arige@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 10:49:02 -0700

Has anyone seen this error while changing OID information in Infrastructure
tab of OAS?

Error message:
Operation failed to pass validation. Data for the Application Server
instance may not have been migrated to the new Internet Directory server.
Please check Admin Guide for procedures. Error connecting to Oracle Internet
Directory Server specified by <SERVERNAME>:636. Connecting as Application
Server instance specified by
'orclApplicationCommonName=oasinstance1.<SERVERNAME>,cn=IAS Instances,
cn=IAS, cn=Products, cn=OracleContext'. Base Exception :
oracle.ias.repository.schema.SchemaException: Unable to establish secure
connection to Oracle Internet Directory Server ldap://<SERVERNAME>:636/ Base
Exception : javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 -
Invalid Credentials]

We have a distributed configuration with OAS on one machine and OID/SSO on
another machine. The first time adding the OID information was successful
without any issue but now getting the above error when we are trying to
change the OID information to a new server.

Is there any place on OAS server or metadatabase that it stores this
information. Can we directly go and clear that information?

Any tips or help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sushil