Re: Is it legal to run multiple autoconfig session at the same time in multinode installation.

  • From: "Jurijs Velikanovs" <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 14:53:26 +0300

Hi Fadi,

You made a good point regarding DB activities what autogonfig utility makes.
From the other side we well know that Oracle RDBMS handle locking
without any problems.
Some autoconfig session might wait for others for some insignificant
portion of time.
But it will not lead to any inconsistency or problems from my point of view.
Deadlock are not possible as actions executed by autoconfig at the
same order all the time . That means that multiple autoconfig session
can't raise a deadlock situation.

In theory DB activities do not lead to any problem from my point of view.

Jurijs