Re: Installing and cloning Oracle Database 10g Release 2 in Windows 2003 server

  • From: Shastry DBA <shastry17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 08:06:19 +0530

Hi
You cannot clone the oracle software binaries on windows like unix, rather have a fresh installation of oracle software and refresh the database with the backup of your previous database.

Sent from my iPod
An:-)

On 12-Jan-2010, at 2:42 PM, vijay gopi <gopvijay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

All,

Adding on to the previous post,the application is not E-business suite and we use a java based application as front end and the datbase runs in 10G,so this refresh is for the database alone.

pls provide your thougts at the earliest.

with regards
vijay

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 12:39 PM, vijay gopi <gopvijay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All,

We are planning to install oracle 10g Release2(10.2.0.1.0) on windows 2003 Advanced server,and we are planning to clone the exisiting oracle binaries from server windows XP Professional with SP2,32 bit edition and use the same in windows 2003 Advanced server.can anyone please post a document on the Database clone side methodology or step by step instruction guide or note id.

Please let us know whether any specific issues during 10G clone (similar to building repository or any known issues) which needs to be looked in.

with regards
vijay