Re: How to automate Database clone from hot/Cold backup and Appication cloning

  • From: Sam <samx18@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 20:36:02 +0100

Yury,

Sam here, is that papre available at OAUG.org? just wanted to have a look at
that

On 10/25/06, Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Raghu,

I just presented "Oracle Apps Cloning Best Practises" paper few weeks
ago for UKOUG Apps DBA SIG.
Main idea is to start step by step.
Try to automate database step first of all (independent of which
technique you are using for backup, I am sure you are capable to write
a script which would recover database in pointed location). If you are
using RMAN take a look on duplicate command (will do a lot of task for
you). It isn't easy to configure at fist time, but as soon as you done
it might be simplest way to replete the clone.
Then go further and try to play with adcfgclone.pl.
Then address customizations and other staff.
Basically this is it ;)

Yury

-- Yury +371 29268222 (+2 GMT) ============================================ http://otn.oracle.com/ocm/jvelikanovs.html