Re: HA for Oracle E-Business Suite

  • From: "Farhan Khan" <farhan.toqeer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:53:09 +0500

Hello Jurijh,

Here are answers of your questions. I hope they would help you understand
the requirement.

The kind of questions would be:
- Current Topology
--- Single server (DB Web Forms CM-s running on the same server)

No, DB would  be housed in  SAN and  Web Froms, CM-s would be on  separate
server.

--- Split configuration DB is separated from Web Forms CM-s

No

--- How components are splited? Are CM-s running on the DB server /

No

Web server or on dedicated server? Ate there multiple servers for
Web/Forms/CM-s

No, there would be a  single server hosting  everything except the DB.

--- What kind of problems you are going to protect system from
---- HW/OS failure

Yes

---- Data center failure

No

--- What are availability requirements from system users?

---- How quickly failover suppose to happen
------ No downtime
------ 5 min ok
------ 8 hours ok

There would only be application servers availability issue.  We would like
to have the Apps server running with no downtime.

I am afraid there is no single paper describing solutions for all HA cases.
If you give as some input, we might suggest you something :)

Jurijs

On 6/27/07, Farhan Khan <farhan.toqeer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> All:
>
> I hope anyone could help me in this matter. I need to setup a HA server
for
> Oracle - E-Business Suite using Linux operating system. If any of you
have
> done it before or planning to please guide me / share your experience.
What

--
Yury
+371 29268222 (+2 GMT)