Ebusiness migration from forms to java

  • From: Amar Kumar Padhi <amar.padhi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ora-apps-dba@freelist. org" <ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 11:44:43 +0400 (GST)

List,
We have applications existing in forms technology and we are evaluating
movement to j2ee environment. We are studying how Oracle is moving ebusiness
suite to java. I have the below doubts in this regard:

- oracle forms always requires a stateful connection, is oracle using stateful
connection for java based modules also?

- oracle forms relies on database locks, java architecture recommends
maintaining locks outside the database and in the application layer. Is oracle
still using database locks or has put in application layer persistent locks for
its java based modules?

- has anyone used the oracle framework for designing application (other than
apps).

Do provide your thoughts/opinions/pointers on any info that could help me
understanding the oracle apps design.

thanks!
amar kumar padhi
www.amar-padhi.com