Re: EBS & ASM best practices and suggestions

  • From: Luis Freitas <lfreitas34@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 05:35:31 -0800 (PST)

Yuri,

  I kinda dislike the absence of "fsck like" tools for ASM, and the lack of
backup superblocks, not sure if this changed in 11g.

   Aside from that I feel it is a killer product. Similar functionality with
cluster filesystems cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, except in the case
you go for OCFS2, and that is available for linux only.

Best Regards,
Luis Freitas