Re: DMZ -i modules - using Reverse Proxy

  • From: atul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 12:51:09 -0400

Naveen,
 Please ignore my previous update -

If your O.S. is different like linux on existing and solaris or windows on DMZ then you can't clone in that case only option is to install application tier only .

You can clone only if O.S. are binary compatible like Linux 4 or Linux 5.

R12 Services concept will still remain same i.e. enable Root and Web Entry Point on DMZ server.

Regards
Atul Kumar
http://onlineAppsDBA.com

Quoting atul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Hi Naveen,
 I am assuming this is R12 so cloning is enough.

380490.1  Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Configuration in a DMZ
406982.1  Cloning Oracle Applications Release 12 with Rapid Clone

All you need to enable is root services and web entry point in context file

1. Root Service (OPMN)

[oa_service_group type=?root? title=?Root Service?]
[oa_service_group_status
oa_var=?s_root_status?]enabled[/oa_service_group_status]

2. Web Entry Point (HTTP Server )
[oa_service_group type=?web entry? title=?Web Entry Point Services?]
[oa_service_group_status
oa_var=?s_web_entry_status?]enabled[/oa_service_group_status]

More information here
http://onlineappsdba.com/index.php/2009/03/10/application-tier-services-in-oracle-apps-r12/

Regards
Atul Kumar
http://onlineAppsDBA.com

Quoting Naveen Patil <naveenspatil@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi friends,
We had to switch out of this Architecture since it doesn't give appropriate security.

Planning on External Web Tier.

Here i would get a server which would not have the same OS as the current one.

Can somebody detail on how can this be done?
Will we need to clone the present Apps to the new box or rebuild the whole application? Any metalink note on cloning or detailed steps of DMZ with external web node.

Regards,
N P

________________________________
From: Naveen Patil <naveenspatil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: DMZ -i modules - using Reverse Proxy
To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 3:27 PM
Hi All,

I am looking for the steps to setup DMZ setup for R12 using
reverse proxy.

My requirement is I cannot afford for another box for DMZ
so want to do a reverse proxy and release the imodule to
internet.
What i get from Metalink is we can do the setup:

But the external site doesnt work even when in intranet.
after setting the below.

Option
2.4: Using Reverse Proxy
with no External Web Tier

This configuration requires a
distinct Oracle HTTP
Server/OC4J instance configured per Web Entry Point. You
can not share the
configuration of one web entry point with another. For
example, you can not
share Oracle HTTP Server configured for
internal.us.oracle.com with
external.us.oracle.com . There has to be two Oracle HTTP
Server/oc4j running
for each of the Web Entry Points

The architecture diagram shown in the
figure below
represents a reverse proxy server configured to forward
external client
requests to an Oracle HTTP listener running on an intranet
application middle
tier server. In this configuration, internal and external
users use different
http listeners and oc4j processes to access Oracle
E-Business Suite.

Configuration Details for Using reverse proxy with No
External Web Tier

$ perl
$COMMON_TOP/clone/bin/adclonectx.pl \

 contextfile=<location of the context file including
the file name of the
 internal midtier> \

 outfile=<enter name of the context file to be created
including its
 location>

 For example:
 Internal Server Name 1:
internal1.company.com
 External Server Name 1:
external1.company.com
 Context file for Internal Entry
Point on Internal Server
 1 including its location:
/d1/applmgr/visappl/admin/VIS_internal1.xml

 Context file to be created for
External Entry Point on
 Internal Server 1 including its location:
 /d1/applmgr/visappl/admin/VIS_external1.xml
 The script will prompt for various
inputs from the user
 as shown in the table below. please note that the default
prompt values are
 provided for reference purpose only and may not reflect
the actual values in
 your environment.

   Prompt

   Required Value

   Comments

   Enter the Apps
password

   <apps schema
password>

   Target System
Hostname (virtual or
   normal) [ap681wgs]:

   ap681wgs

   Enter
the physical hostname.
   Not the virtual hostname

   Do you want the
inputs to be validated
   (y/n) [n] ?:

   Target system
database SID [ VIS ]

   VIS

   Enter the
target database SID

   Target System
Database Server Node
   [ap681wgs]

   ap681wgs

   Enter the
hostname where the new
   database instance is running

   Target System
Base directory

   /d1/home/user9/R12/apps

   Enter the base
directory of APPS
   install

   Target System
Instance Home Directory
   [/d1/home/user9/R12/inst]:

   /d1/home/user9/R12/inst

   Username for
the applications file
   system owner [applmgr]

   applmgr

   Group for the
applications file system
   owner [dba]:

   dba

   Target System
Root Service [enabled] :

   enabled

   Must be enabled
if configuring 'Web
   Entry Point Services' or 'Web Application
Services'.

   Target System
Web Entry Point Services
   [enabled] :

   enabled

   Must be enabled
if configuring 'Web Entry
   Point Services'

   Target System
Web Application Services
   [enabled]:

   enabled

   Must be enabled
if configuring 'Web
   Entry Point Services'.

   Target System
Batch Processing Services
   [enabled] :

   enabled

   Must be enabled
if configuring 'Batch
   Processing Services'.

   Target System
Other Services [disabled]
   :

   enabled

   Must be enabled
if configuring 'Other
   Service Group'.

   Do you want to
preserve the Display set
   to internal:0.0 (y/n) [y] ?:

   Do you want to
preserve the port values
   from the source system on the target system (y/n) [y]
?

   It is possible
that adclone utiity will
   report an error and prompt you to choose an alternative
port pool if the
   services for the internal instance is running. To
prevent this from
   happening, shutdown the application tier services when
you run this
   utility.

 After you provide all the required
inputs, the clonectx
 utility will proceed and create the new context file for
the external entry
 point at the location specified in the command

5.9.2: Verify
and Update the New
Context Files Created for the External Entry
Point

is

 AutoConfig
Variable

 Required
Value

 Comments

 s_isWeb

 YES

 Make
sure s_isWeb is set to YES.
 This is the default setting for all node types

 s_isWebDev

 YES

 Make sure
s_isWebDev is set to YES.

 This is the default setting for all node types

 s_http_listen_parameter

 New Port for
the< HTTP Listener>

 Pick a port that
is not used by any other
 service

 s_https_listen_parameter

 New Port for
the< HTTPS Listener>

 Pick a port that
is not used by any other
 service

 s_webentryurlprotocol

 Set the value to
the < web entry
 protocol>

 For example,
value will be either http or
 https

 s_webentryhost

 Set the value to
the <webentry point
 hostname>

 s_webentrydomain

 Set the value to
the <webentry point
 hostname>

 s_active_webport

 Set the value to
the <web entry
 listener port>

 s_login_page

 Set the value to

<s_webentryurlprotocol>://<s_webentryhost>.<s_webentrydomain>:<s_active_webport>/OA_HTML/AppsLogin

 s_hostname

 Set the value of
this variable to the
 hostname of the reverse proxy server

 s_server_ip_address

 Set the value of
this variable to the IP
 address of the external facing network
interface

5.9.3:
Run AutoConfig and Restart
Oracle Applications
Processes

Run
    AutoConfig on each Applications middle tier to
complete the configuration.
    Please refer to the Oracle MetaLink Note 387859.1
    "Using AutoConfig to Manage System Configurations
with Oracle
    Applications R12 " for more information on
AutoConfig.After
    AutoConfig completes successfully, restart Oracle
Applications server
    processes.

Regards,
N P