Re: Adding responsibilities 11.5.10

  • From: "Belinda Hamilton" <HamiltBC@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 12:42:19 -0400

This is a excellent note Vikram, thank you for the information.
belinda

>>> "vikram singh" <vikramsingh120@xxxxxxxxx> 4/29/2008 11:56 AM >>>

Hi Belinda,

There is a note
373369.1 - How to assign and revoke role/responsibility to a user using
standard API?
that discusses the same issue. It mentions the difference between
fnd_user_pkg.addresp and the fnd_user_resp_groups_api.insert_assignment
procedures. You might want to consider the choice.

Also for the interested, the source code pl/sql of the fnd_user_pkg is a
delightful piece to explore. I just couldn't stop walking through the code.
There are references to the other packages that are called inherently and if
one branches further into the code-jungle there is lots of code out open to aid
the (mis-)understanding of the application's internal workings.

Just try this:
set long 5000
set pages 5000
spool fnd_user_pkg.pls
select source from dba_source where name='FND_USER_PKG';
spool off

Cheers,
Vikram
-------------------

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 9:05 PM, Belinda Hamilton <HamiltBC@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you Fadi, this is exactly what I was looking for.
belinda

>>> Fadi Hasweh <fhasweh@xxxxxxxxxxx> 4/29/2008 11:29 AM >>>

belinda
check fnd_user_pkg.addresp
also check
Create FND_USER and Allocate Responsibilities
http://oracle.anilpassi.com/sshr-rollout-create-fnd-user-and-allocate-responsibilities-3.html

fadi

________________________________
> Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:20:02 -0400
> From: HamiltBC@xxxxxxx
> To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Adding responsibilities 11.5.10
>
> Is there a way (api maybe) to add a user responsibility.  I have to add one
> for hundreds of users and would like a fast way if anyone knows of one.  Any
> information would be appreciated.
>
> Thank You
> belinda

>  This email, including any attachment(s) to it, is confidential and intended
> solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If
> you have received this email in error, please notify the sender. Note that
> any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
> and do not represent those of O'Brien & Gere. O'Brien & Gere does not accept
> liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. The
> recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of
> viruses.

Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces.
It's easy!