[optimal] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Jef Jodell <mpscra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 19:49:44 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you Paula,
I met Mr Paul Montague on several occasions, but can't say I truly knew the
man. What I do know, is he made a huge difference in my securing a career. All
OPS members owe him a lot, and should not forget his gift to us.
Anyone who ever thinks "I can do that tomorrow" is making a mistake. One of my
fondest memories from childhood was a neighbor who had a small theatre organ,
and greatly admired Virgil Fox, who was certainly a household name around
Paul's house. That friend taught me an enormous amount about audio, and I wish
I could have known enough to share some of those thoughts and memories w/ Paul.
His passing was far too early, and he will be missed with a heavy heart.
Thanks again for informing us. Meant to reply earlier, but moved again, and my
plate has been pretty full lately.
Regards,-jef