[optimal] Re: microperimetry

  • From: CPMC Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center <cpmceyelab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 12:18:07 -0800

Cynthia, you should not be concerned about whether a "tech" can handle
Microperimetry.  Both the MP-1 and the MIAI are quite easy to use, no
more complex than doing fundus photography or OCT.      Well within the
realm of a reasonably trained tech or imager to perform.

The larger question, as with all diagnostic tests, is not whom is
performing the test by title or caste, but more importantly, is the
procedure being performed by a well trained individual and with
competent results?

Denice Barsness, CRA, COMT, ROUB, CDOS, FOPS

Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center

CPMC Department of Ophthalmology

2100 Webster Street Suite 212

San Francisco CA 94115