[optimal] Re: Treating POHS with Avastin

  • From: "Bennett, Timothy" <tbennett1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 22:48:32 +0000

David,

In answer to your question about the new OPS member forum and Optimal, the
answer is no, it is not intended to replace Optimal. They are two different
vehicles with different audiences.

Optimal has never been an official OPS discussion group. It was started and
maintained by Joe Warnicki and Paul Montague purposely separate from the OPS,
even though many people mistakenly assocate Optimal with the OPS. Joe continues
to graciously maintain Optimal as an open forum for anyone with an interest in
ophthalmic imaging. Optimal has a "flavor" of comraderie that's developed over
many years and my guess is that's unlikely to change.

The new OPS forum is visible to anyone visting the OPS website, but
participation (posting) is limited to OPS members who are signed in to the
site. It is being offered as a benefit to our members. We (the OPS) don't want
to compete with Optimal and believe there is room for both forums. In fact
there is now a third forum for ophthalmic imagers: the OPS fan page on
Facebook. That has a different flavor that will likely reach a different
audience as well.

Hope this helps,

tim

Timothy J. Bennett, CRA, FOPS, OCT-C