[optimal] Topcon 50VT question

  • From: Angiolith@xxxxxxx
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 13:36:55 -0400 (EDT)

Optimists:

The mirror to the top port of a cherished Topcon VT is still moving when
the digital picture is taken, causing intermittent blurry photos.  The  delay
on the flash seems to be greater on the Polaroid setting, making me think
the delay might be electronically controllable.

So... does anyone know how to adjust the delay on these beautiful
antiques?  I would think another 1/10 second would do the trick without  being
too
long for patient movement.  I am fairly handy, and have not  been
electrocuted yet.

FYI-
We already dampen most of the vibration on the mirror with little  springs
to help hold the mirror tight against the stop .  And no, just  using the
Polaroid button doesn't work.

Thanks for the help.

Martin  Rothenberg
Chief, Operations