Re: Optacons

  • From: Catherine Thomas <braille@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 07:02:00 -0400 (EDT)

Mark,
You might wish to check with Richard Oehm, Oehm Electronics, San Jose,
California. He is one of our repairers and he also had some spare Optacons
that that some of our list members had unearthed. We also have repairers
in England, Australia and Canada.
While it is true that no Optacons have been produced since the 1990's,
many of our list members can tell you that the reconditioned machines work
just fine. The repairers that we have each really care about Optacons.
Richard's email is:
oehmelec@xxxxxxx
Phone: 408-971-6250
Occasionally Optacons turn up on ebay. Some of our listers keep track of
that. With any luck at all, you could have an Optacon by Christmas (and
they say there is no Santa Claus, what do they know)?
Also, the Optacon user list has a survey which we ask Optacon users to
complete. You've already told us most of the things which are on the
survey, but I'll send it to you anyway.
If any other list member needs the survey, let me know and I'll send it.
Catherine