Re: Optacons

  • From: "Mark Blier" <mblier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 16:50:30 -0700

Hi, All,

Oh, no -- it's long gone.  I had heard several years ago that they were =
not being produced anymore, and had not heard of any way to get them =
repaired, so I thought that it was just a lost cause to hang on to it.

I had seen an Optacon-II back in 1990 or so, and was not impressed at =
all by it.  Honestly, I think TSI produced the II knowing that it would =
not sell, and also knowing that they could then seemingly innocently =
just stop making it.  No great loss to them, certainly, but a major loss =
for us.

Anyway, I'm glad to be part of the list, having heard about it through =
Blind Cool Tech.

Mark Blier

----- Original Message -----=20