[optacon-l] Re: It's Back!

  • From: "Nick Dotson" <nickdotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 23:35:14 -0600

A Fresnel lens is designed to increase the size of an entire viewing area
(image), for someone on the central viewing axis of that viewing area.  To
be useful to the Optacon, the image must be magnified onto and hopefully not
beyond the focal area of the retina of the Optacon.  Thus, the Fresnel lens
magnifying the entire image's viewing area would seem to be the wrong tool
for the desired task.  But perhaps my logic is flawed--only now learning to
use the BrainPort and wrestle with larger viewing fields than that of the
Optacon...

Nick