[optacon-l] Re: Are We Being Spammed?

  • From: "Dianne B. Phelps" <d.bphelps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 12:00:19 -0700

I help to moderate GDBLounge, and we have seen this when a member's computer
gets hacked. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK, AND DELETE THE EMAIL. If
this list is moderated, the person whose messages display this so they can
change their password. We usually place the individual on moderated status
until they are able to clear the problem. That way, the moderators can
intercept the bad messages so they don't get to the list.

I hope this helps.

Dianne in Napa