[operationdiabetes2007and8] Rough plans for OD

  • From: "Spondee (Ancong) Shen" <seally4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: operationdiabetes2007and8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rachel Sperling" <rsperling@xxxxxxxx>, "Candis Morello" <cmmorello@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 05:48:02 -0800

Hey all,

I know some of you are wondering what will happen in the future, post TCOYD.
Here are some tentative ideas. Again, we'll discuss the various options and
feasibility in our committee meetings. And I want to give credit to Rachel
for her ideas and help with this.

Fall Quarter, 2007

- TCOYD is pretty much our main event to end this quarter with a bang.
*** EQUIPMENT committee*, please use the down time between now and late
January to secure test strip donations (preferrably Precision Xtra =) ) and
other things on the list found in your committee packet. Contact me if you
need help.

Winter Quarter, 2008

- Late January, good time for a free clinic blood glucose screening after
Dr. Morello's diabetes unit and conference hands-on practice. We'll still
set up a training session to practice taking blood samples and using the
glucometers to measure blood glucose levels.

**Kim, to answer your question. I know the free clinics have "diabetes
night," but we should screen on a different night because the patients who
come to "diabetes night" already know they have diabetes and the purpose of
screening is to inform people who do not know they have diabetes or are
pre-diabetic about their condition. Thus, we should screen on a different
night other than diabetes night for maximum efficiency.

- Late March, diabetes talk/demonstration at elementary schools (because
obesity in children is becoming more of an issue). This of course, can be
changed to another small event depending on what you guys want.

Spring Quarter, 2008

- In April/May:  the HAC chair, immunization guy, and Hypertension chair and
I were talking about doing a possible joint health fair together on campus.
But that's very tentative for now and I don't want you guys to burn out so
we'll discuss this later.

- late May/June Another free clinic screening (we want to try to do it every
three months)

Spondee

--
Spondee (Ancong) Shen