[openyourmind] Request feedback before: 20/9/13 (this Friday)

  • From: Look Youth <youth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openyourmind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 09:32:56 +0100

Good Morning All,

After the skype conference last night we have a few requests from the
larger group

1) Please select one person from your country group to be the named person
to collate travel data from your country. Either to upload to the blog
directly or to be supported to do so.

2) Please say whether you agree or disagree with the Search Categories
below, also please add your own ideas we welcome any category names that
encompass the world of visual impairment (strengthening the site's unique
offer of information)

Suggested Categories

- Countries

(sub categories)

-- City and Surrounding Area / Region

--- Evening Entertainment / Night Life

--- Restaurants & Cafes

--- Exploring / Day Trips

--- Sports and Leisure

--- Transport

--- Museums & Exhibition

--- Accommodation

--- Support Mechanisms (Volunteers, Shopping Service)

--- Funding / Discounts (for Foreign Travelers with a VI)

--- Miscellaneous

Plus a further two categories alongside Countries and Technology

How the Money Feels – (Euro and other denominations)

Airline Companies (and their disability support)
Please respond to this by Friday 20/9/13

A further two points to come out of the meeting

   - All information gathered should be information that cannot be gained
   from any mainstream travel site. This is our unique offer and all
   information should have an accessibility VI focus.
   - In your review of a service / experience please date the discovery and
   where possible explain that this is your view at the time of discovery,
   where you welcome comments from people who have tried a service where you
   have not and that you are unable to monitor nor promote a service for the
   duration of its life. (This only serves to support you, as the website is
   open to all. There may be some people out there that could hold you
   responsible for a bad experience five years after you have posted) Find a
   way to write a little disclaimer at the end of your information and protect
   yourself a little.

Have a good week and we welcome your responses before the end of it ;)

Kind Regards

Vicky

Vicky Smith
LOOK www.look-uk.org