[opengoo] Re: Graphics.

  • From: Dmitry Batarov <nonetype@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opengoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 12:56:17 +0400

Oleksiy, logger doesn't work too, though of course there is a trick to make it work

07.12.2012 12:35, Slyshyk Oleksiy пишет:
" The QFtp and QUrlInfo classes are no longer exported, QNetworkAccessManager should be used instead. These classes are available in a separate module, qtftp. "
https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtbase/blobs/stable/dist/changes-5.0.0

And congrat all of us with - http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2012/12/06/qt-5-0-release-candidate/ !!!

2012/12/7 Dmitry Batarov <nonetype@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:nonetype@xxxxxxxxx>>

    I tried Qt 5. If we want to use Qt  5 and OpenGL, it is better to
    write the code for Qt 5 that we would not have to rewrite code.

    ! QFtp classe removed from Qt 5

    06.12.2012 20 <tel:06.12.2012%2020>:27, Fabrizio Signoretti пишет:
    Opengoo doesn't run very well in opengl mode and all the qt
    examples have bad quality on my machine.

    2012/12/6 Dmitry Batarov <nonetype@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:nonetype@xxxxxxxxx>>

        Has anyone encountered with games on PC with good graphics
        and animation (except chess, Tetris, Snake, balls) where Qt
        used for rendering?

        06.12.2012 13 <tel:06.12.2012%2013>:11, Dmitry Batarov пишет:
        Good news -)

        06.12.2012 13 <tel:06.12.2012%2013>:04, Slyshyk Oleksiy пишет:
        We may useQGraphicsPixmapItem for GOO
        (http://doc.qt.digia.com/qt/qgraphicspixmapitem.html). And
        QGraphickView can render on QGLWidget.

        2012/12/6 Dmitry Batarov <nonetype@xxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:nonetype@xxxxxxxxx>>

            I think that QGraphics not need use because GOO are
            sprite objects. The render basically should display a
            bitmap and not a vector objects, otherwise we will be
            used hard code but no design.
            May be better used for rendering OpenGL graphics
            QGLWidget or SDL library.

            05.12.2012 19 <tel:05.12.2012%2019>:32, Fabrizio
            Signoretti пишет:
            This could be the starting point:

            http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22799853/Opengoo%20schema.dia

            2012/12/5 Dmitry Batarov <nonetype@xxxxxxxxx
            <mailto:nonetype@xxxxxxxxx>>

                Fabrizio draw a diagram for clarity

                05.12.2012 12 <tel:05.12.2012%2012>:51, Fabrizio
                Signoretti пишет:
                No exactly just ideas.

                It's a little bit hard have a wide view of all
                aspects.

                The level class must be recoded like the goo's
                and in the meantime consider the new level creation.
                The clicks handlers must be changed like the drag
                event, practically the entire game.

                I've tried few example that uses QGraphicsScene
                but the performances aren't so good like the
                actual game's performances, on my machine.

                And how to organize the team?

                2012/12/5 Dmitry Batarov <nonetype@xxxxxxxxx
                <mailto:nonetype@xxxxxxxxx>>

                    Fabrizio, do you have a plan of action?

                    03.12.2012 14 <tel:03.12.2012%2014>:48,
                    Fabrizio Signoretti пишет:
                    Ok, thanks for the patch I will examine it
                    later.

                    Uml is very easy to use and it has been
                    designed to be intuitive so it's not hard to
                    understand at all.

                    Actually we haven't the right resources to
                    design a new graphics, if we make a good
                    game will be easy to change it in the future.

                    2012/12/3 Dmitry Batarov <nonetype@xxxxxxxxx
                    <mailto:nonetype@xxxxxxxxx>>

                        1. I think that the game need a new design

                        2. I made a patch for WooGLE
                        https://github.com/Mandarancio/OpenGOO/issues/59

                        3. I don't know UML but I agree that we
                        need a similar tool