[opengoo] Re: Graphics.

  • From: Dmitry Batarov <nonetype@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opengoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 12:41:19 +0400

I think that QGraphics not need use because GOO are sprite objects. The render basically should display a bitmap and not a vector objects, otherwise we will be used hard code but no design.

May be better used for rendering OpenGL graphics QGLWidget or SDL library.

05.12.2012 19:32, Fabrizio Signoretti пишет:
This could be the starting point:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22799853/Opengoo%20schema.dia

2012/12/5 Dmitry Batarov <nonetype@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:nonetype@xxxxxxxxx>>

    Fabrizio draw a diagram for clarity

    05.12.2012 12:51, Fabrizio Signoretti пишет:
    No exactly just ideas.

    It's a little bit hard have a wide view of all aspects.

    The level class must be recoded like the goo's and in the
    meantime consider the new level creation.
    The clicks handlers must be changed like the drag event,
    practically the entire game.

    I've tried few example that uses QGraphicsScene but the
    performances aren't so good like the actual game's performances,
    on my machine.

    And how to organize the team?

    2012/12/5 Dmitry Batarov <nonetype@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:nonetype@xxxxxxxxx>>

        Fabrizio, do you have a plan of action?

        03.12.2012 14:48, Fabrizio Signoretti пишет:
        Ok, thanks for the patch I will examine it later.

        Uml is very easy to use and it has been designed to be
        intuitive so it's not hard to understand at all.

        Actually we haven't the right resources to design a new
        graphics, if we make a good game will be easy to change it
        in the future.

        2012/12/3 Dmitry Batarov <nonetype@xxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:nonetype@xxxxxxxxx>>

            1. I think that the game need a new design

            2. I made a patch for WooGLE
            https://github.com/Mandarancio/OpenGOO/issues/59

            3. I don't know UML but I agree that we need a similar tool

            02.12.2012 22:20, Fabrizio Signoretti пишет:

                Hello guys,
                now we should use the mailing list instead of using
                the github's issues.

                I thought that before recode the graphics part we
                should design a new module subdivision of the code.
                And, at the same time, mind about the levels part.

                If we want to use the WOG tool editor we can take a
                snapshot of its code and adapt it to our game.

                However my thought is design the new game structure
                in UML or something like that and consider every use
                case and module of the game.

                What do you think?

-- Fabrizio

-- Fabrizio