[opendtv] Re: wm trials at different telcos using wm series

  • From: Ron Economos <k6mpg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 16:24:33 -0700

A certain US standards group ran a "golden eye" test between H.264
and VC-1 last year. They tested at HD, SD and sub-SD resolutions.
In all the video sequences tested, H.264 was either equivalent to VC-1
or slightly better than VC-1.
However, my spies at NAB have told me that /all/ of the current H.264
silicon decoders are buggy. Whichever codec you chose, you should
start evaluating decoder silicon ASAP.

Ron