[opendtv] Re: wm trials at different telcos using wm series

  • From: "Gary Hughes" <ghughes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:03:48 -0400

My mistake. I was thinking "set tops" when Ron was talking silicon.

FWIW, I saw lots of people using reference set tops from folks like
Broadcom
to demonstrate their gear, with a few glitches (which were naturally=20
attributed to the other person's kit). I saw a lot of folks displaying
their "H.264 compatible set tops" but when pressed were either streaming
MPEG-2 video to them, or were using a PC behind the curtain to drive the
display. And I saw a couple of pre-production STBs that were actually
decoding H.264 or VC1 but whose production run was in the single digits.
It is very early days for set tops.

gary

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain =
confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom this =
email message is addressed. If you have received this email message in =
error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or email and =
destroy the original message without making a copy. Thank you.