[opendtv] Re: wm trials at different telcos using wm series

  • From: "Prashant Desai" <prashant.desai@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 08:57:45 +0530

A certain US standards group ran a "golden eye" test between H.264
and VC-1 last year. They tested at HD, SD and sub-SD resolutions.
In all the video sequences tested, H.264 was either equivalent to VC-1
or slightly better than VC-1.
However, my spies at NAB have told me that /all/ of the current H.264
silicon decoders are buggy. Whichever codec you chose, you should
start evaluating decoder silicon ASAP.

Can any one point me to the link where results of these tests have been
published ......

Warm regards,
Prashant