[opendtv] Re: "we'll forever be stuck with by going ATSC"

  • From: jeroen.stessen@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:05:13 +0100

Hello,

Barry Wilkins wrote:
> I understand people in Europe can receive HD via DBS from
> Belgium at 1050i.

Almost correct, it is from Nederland and in 1080i (50 Hz).
See: http://www.hd-1.tv/ and
http://www.canaldigitaal.nl/downloadbrochures.asp?id=31

Note that there isn't much of an interesting program !!

> People with HD displays will see this as intended in HD.

We are watching it here in the lab. It is beautiful. Many
of our flatscreen TVs are HD prepared via the VGA input
(or YPbPr or HDMI). Then it only depends on the scaler IC.

Best regards,
-- Jeroen

| From:     Jeroen H. Stessen   | E-mail:  Jeroen.Stessen@xxxxxxxxxxx    |
| Building: SFJ-5.22 Eindhoven  | Philips Digital Systems Laboratories   |
| Phone:    ++31.40.2732739     | Visiting & mail address: Glaslaan 2    |
| Mobile:   ++31.6.44680021     | NL 5616 LW Eindhoven, the Netherlands  |
| Pager:    ++31.6.65133818     | Website: http://www.pdsl.philips.com/  |