[opendtv] Re: something

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 19:52:33 -0500

Tom Barry wrote:

> I can't imagine anyone is transmitting 120hz or will
> be soon, ATSC or otherwise.

I doubt that's the point, Tom. My bet is these are nothing more than the US
version of the frame doubling sets that have been available in Europe for many,
many years.

In LCDs, I'm not sure what the advantage would be, unless the sets have a
flashing backlight to minimize the smearing effect in fast motion. In CRTs, you
get less flicker.