[opendtv] Re: something

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:55:26 -0500

At 11:16 AM -0500 11/27/08, Cliff Benham wrote:
Craig Birkmaier wrote:

bye, bye, OTA TV...

Isn't there an echo in here?

I left out the most important part.

The politicians cannot afford to let FREE OTA TV die...

So pPicture this...a brainstorming session at the NAB.

"The problem is all those people who are slipping by without paying for their TV fix."

"Maybe we could do like Great Brittain and get Congress to impose a TV License Tax, which they would kick back to broadcasters to help us compete for programming rights..."

"Yeah, Kinda like the all of these bailouts."

"No, that won't work. Making EVERYONE pay wouldn't be fair, especially all of those poor folks who cannot afford cable or DBS."

"Maybe they could impose the fee only on cable and DBS subscribers!"

"Hmmm...can we get away with that on top of retrans consent?"

"There has to be a creative solution to this problem somewhere."

"HDTV?"

"THAT'S IT!"

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!