[opendtv] Re: something

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 16:16:31 -0500

Yep.

I noticed they had raised my cable bill about the same time as the effects of the financial crises were becoming obvious, and canceled cable. I don't know if increasing financial pessimism had anything to do with it. But I can't say it didn't.

- Tom

John Shutt wrote:
If the world economy craters like many are saying could happen in 2009, I predict a revival of OTA television as people cut back on cable/DBS spending.

2009-2010 may see the first increase in OTA-only home percentage.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig Birkmaier" <craig@xxxxxxxxx>

Problem is that the audience for the networks is rapidly fading. The OTA audience is the only one they can depend on because there is no other choice. For multichannel homes, the ratings for the networks ( and their local broadcast affiliates is in the tank).