[opendtv] Re: opendtv] Re: Blue Ray has competition

  • From: Terry Harvey <tjharvey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:16:24 -0700

>I'd say yes. And strangely enough, I have now become
>sensitized to 50 Hz flicker. Don't remember being so years
>ago. But PAL over the 100 Hz Euro displays is great stuff.

My point earlier was that you are NOT necessarily watching PAL on Euro
displays. Or only one generation through a PAL interface. Most Euro
broadcaster's production went component years ago.

I would question the quality issue if the US was to have had 8MHz PAL
channels. I suppose the quality in the US too would have increased due to
the same frustrations the Euro's faced when trying to process and edit PAL.
The Euro's just abandoned PAL.

After all, NTSC may be refered to as "Never Twice the Same Color": but PAL
was always refered to as "Problems Are Lurking".

Terry Harvey