[opendtv] Re: [opendtv]

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:20:19 -0400

Amen! And any glowing report from me was only in relation to the junk we
have tested before. There is still NO comparison to 1999 COFDM receivers.

And yes a year has almost past and we cannot duplicate the prototype. I
can't even get coherent answers to basic questions about the prototype
today. It is as if it never existed.

Questions like can I get another copy of the prototype we tested last
year? Can I get the specs on that prototype? How does the prototype we
tested last year differ from the LG Inotech cans we see  in and on the
receivers we are now testing? What technology is in LG integrated HDTV
sets? Is it the same as the prototype or is it just the same Inotech
tuner with 5th gen chip on board that we are having difficulties with?

I think they made a prototype that worked and then the LG Inotech tuner
and they are not the same. And I think that same LG Inotech tuner is in
the new integrated HDTV sets.

Bob Miller